We meet on Mondays from 2:30-3:30 in Padelford C-301, which is the Statistics conference room. We will focus on the book "Statistics for Spatio-Temporal Data" by Cressie and Wikle (2011). In particular we plan to focus on dynamical spatio-temporal models. However, we will accommodate other people's interests if they would like to present on a different topic, such as for a paper or software related to spatial-temporal applications.
The following is the current schedule of topics and presenters. We will continue the sign up process over the first few meetings of the quarter.
|Jan 8||--||Scheduling discussion|
|Jan 15||No Meeting|
|Jan 22||John Best||Intro and dynamical models (focus on Chpt 3.2, but also some of Chpt 2)|
|Jan 29||Johnny Paige||Chapter 7 [SLIDES]|
|Feb 5||Jim Faulkner||Chapters 5 [SLIDES]|
|Feb 12||Serge Aleshin-Guendel||Chapters 6 [SLIDES]|
|Feb 19||No Meeting|
|Feb 26||Peter Gao and Max Schneider||Chapter 9 example 9.2 and associated paper: [Cressie et al (2010)]|
|Mar 5||Discussion on topics for next quarter|
We will focus on the following book:
- Cressie, N., and C. K. Wikle. 2011. Statistics for spatial-temporal data. John Wiley & Sons.
- Links to book: Wiley Publishing Website; Amazon; Google Books
- Note that we will try to make sure everyone has a copy of the reading material if they don't have access to the book
- Cressie, N., and C. K. Wikle. 2011. Statistics for spatial-temporal data. John Wiley & Sons
- Banerjee, S., B. P. Carlin, and A. E. Gelfand. 2015. Hierarchical modeling and analysis for spatial data. . Second edition. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Gelfand, A. E., P. Diggle, P. Guttorp, and M. Fuentes (Eds.). 2010. Handbook of spatial statistics. CRC Press.
- Rue, H., and L. Held. 2005. Gaussian Markov random fields: theory and applications. Chapman & Hall/CRC.